MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - new zealand have diving school or no??

new zealand have diving school or no??

Wanna be a commercial diver? ROV Pilot? Lets’ hear from the people in the industry

new zealand have diving school or no??

Post Number:#1  Postby ikan Jepun » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:09 pm

good evening..i heard at new zealand have diving school approve ADAS?? how much to spend money to go there??
apa perbezaan antara UK dan ADAS??
thank you..
ikan Jepun
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: new zealand have diving school or no??

Post Number:#2  Postby bijan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:25 pm

New Zealand School of Commercial Diver Training

Site location
Te Wananga O Aotearoa
77 Rotowaro Rd
Huntly, New Zealand
Tel: +64 274 460 555
Email: nzsos@xtra.co.nz

For the costing, refer to the their website, http://www.nzsos.co.nz/diving

don't be lazy..do you own research first..hehe
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby dewalaut » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 am

Hi bro!
Any chances go to INPP MARSILLE FRANCE. I been there! Nice place and good foods! Feel the diffrent and take the challange! Ada brani ka??????????
mcdonaln in lyon fish and chip in marsille........ alu...........................
dewalaut
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby necrosis » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:09 am

ikan Jepun wrote:
apa perbezaan antara UK dan ADAS??
thank you..

Hi Ikan Jepun,

UK's Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Australian Diving Accreditation Scheme are Governing Bodies, i.e enforcer of statutory requirements. As in UK and Australia, diving legislation (Approved Code of Practice, ACOP) is a law, both bodies developed and define and certify divers to the minimum acceptable competency standard for different levels of occupational diving.

So, perbezaan antara HSE and ADAS, more to finer points of diving legislation. ADAS legislation is developed based on HSE's set of standard and it has earned approvals as being equivalent to HSE's certification. If your question is about the difference between the two certifications, there's particularly none. ADAS is equivalent to HSE and if you are working outside UK and Australia's territorial waters, both certification is accepted by IMCA. The only significant difference is HSE's diving certification has got no expiry while ADAS certification card expires every 5 years. You need to pay a little bit of money and submit log dives for renewal.

if you wanna read HSE, ADAS Approved Code of Practice Or IMCA International Code of Practice, let me know.

Hope the above helps.

Rud
Last edited by necrosis on Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby khai kogaku » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:46 pm

Bro,

Which is cheaper to go to Australia or New Zealand? UK of  course expensive, i think. Please advice.  :help:
khai kogaku
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby mart1njo3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:51 pm

check out the one in MARSILLE FRANCE. I hear its cheaper there compared to NZ or Tasmania. Info from a diver doing his sat course there.

cheers...
mart1njo3
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby necrosis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Has anyone done a full 12 weeks Air Diving course in Marseille? Apart from the Bell Course, where the chief instructor is Scottish, most of the trainers teaching the air diving course don't speak fluent english, even the chief instructor of their air diving course speaks crappy english. I mean, its up to you, if you just want the ticket or you really want to learn the fundamentals of commercial diving.

I raised the language barrier as a safety issue during in-water training and quality of trainings to non-french speaking trainees with HSE and IMCA few years ago as INPP has reciprocal recognition with both organisations, until today, i've yet to hear feedbacks from trainees that completes full air diving course over there.

There are a few training schools in Australia, try inquiring with them about cost of training and accommodation.

Hope the above helps.

rud
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby khai kogaku » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

Yeah the French can't really speak english very well. My client is one of the insurance company in france, they can write but they cant speak english at all. by the way thanks for the info. As for now i got an info that TUCT will cost about A$15K for 3 month (ADAS 1,2 & 3).

Is that all after completing the training? what else do we need to go to the industry?  [-(
khai kogaku
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby bijan » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:51 pm

kogaku wrote:what else do we need to go to the industry?  [-(

u need the balls for it...

oopss..sorry mod..cant help myself
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#10  Postby necrosis » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 pm

kogaku wrote:
Is that all after completing the training? what else do we need to go to the industry?  [-(

Basic requirements that you need and maintain after completing training

a) Annual medical fitness to dive by a recognized diving physician (which u will need prior to dive training)
b) In-date OPITO Offshore survival training cert (depending on geographical location, i.e Brunei Shell requires Safe Boat Transfer n EBS)
c) Lots of patience, determination, luck and like what bijan says, balls, big ones.

Then you will wanna consider specialty skills like underwater welding, inspection, diver medic etc.

hope the above helps.

--
rud
Rudie Haque
necrosis
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby khai kogaku » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:25 pm

necrosis wrote:
kogaku wrote:Is that all after completing the training? what else do we need to go to the industry?  [-(

Basic requirements that you need and maintain after completing training

a) Annual medical fitness to dive by a recognized diving physician (which u will need prior to dive training)
b) In-date OPITO Offshore survival training cert (depending on geographical location, i.e Brunei Shell requires Safe Boat Transfer n EBS)
c) Lots of patience, determination, luck and like what bijan says, balls, big ones.

Then you will wanna consider specialty skills like underwater welding, inspection, diver medic etc.

hope the above helps.

--
rud

Thanks bro, it helps alot to narrow down. Balls? If your ball is to big from the normal size... i dont think you'll pass the Annual medical fitness checkup, sure ada problem hehehe  :D  :D

peace!  :icon_rr:
khai kogaku
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby dewalaut » Sat May 10, 2008 1:39 pm

hi bro
just go do the courses, come back do BOSIET at Pasir Gudang Johor. if you need a job in July-Ogos-08 email me, dont mind to help you out.

good luck
dewalaut
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#13  Postby khai kogaku » Sun May 11, 2008 1:27 am

why pasir gudang? SEQU OFFSHORE SAFETY, KL also provide BOSEIT and the training is at the MAS academy center. Which company handle the training at pasir gudang.
khai kogaku
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#14  Postby Snafu » Sun May 11, 2008 11:26 pm

kogaku wrote:why pasir gudang? SEQU OFFSHORE SAFETY, KL also provide BOSEIT and the training is at the MAS academy center. Which company handle the training at pasir gudang.

Pasir Gudang would be MSTS .... BOSIET with OPITO approved.

U can google OPITO to learn more about it or you can contact MSTS about it.
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#15  Postby mart1njo3 » Mon May 12, 2008 1:57 pm

you may want to check this school out as well. its in cape town. the certification is approved by IMCA.

http://www.divingschool.co.za/

anyone been there for training ? do share.

cheers...
mart1njo3
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#16  Postby Insomniac » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:59 am

Yes, there is a Diving School here in NZ. Its called New Zealand School of Commercial Diver Training and the address was given earlier. I am here now doing my ADAS 1,2 and 3.... B-)
If you think it is expensive to hire a professional to do a job - wait until you hire an amateur.
Insomniac
Diver
Diver

Return to Offshore Diving