MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - MalaysianUnderwater (MUW) Flickr Group

MalaysianUnderwater (MUW) Flickr Group

Where you can hang out & discuss anything

MalaysianUnderwater (MUW) Flickr Group

Post Number:#1  Postby Leafy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Dear all MUW members.... quite a while ago, while lepaking at Snafu's office (Rasta) and teaching him how to upload photos to Flickr, we created a Flickr public group called MalaysianUnderwater (MUW) and immediately made it publicly available. This is not an intention to divert away anything or create anything new under the same name, since Flickr is... well, I guess it needs no introduction of what Flickr is, especially if you've been using ImageShack and the like.

To date there's 24 members joined and shared their Flickr photos into the group. It'd be great if MUW members that are already using Flickr to share your photos in the group and MUW as a group have presence in Flickr rather than just us individuals. and perhaps in the future (if time and resources permits) I will write a JSON or Javascript to use Flickr's API that will link all of them photos back&forth to this forum, or even use Big Huge Labs's incredible resourceful scripts to create interesting outputs from the photos that in the group.... eventually, making MUW's website more Web 2.0 compliant. What is Web 2.0? hmm Google it lah :)

It's just another effort to help MUW, I am not the owner nor the appointed administrator... I hope the existing moderators can be the Flickr group's moderator too, as I've always prefer to shy away from being administrator or moderator of any forums/groups (my BBS back in 1993 was the last time I've dedicated my time being an admin to a public forum/group).

So what say you?

added : sorry, forgot to put up the link to the group, it's here : http://flickr.com/groups/muw/
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
Website : http://www.leafbug.org “Don’t tell the story if you don’t have the pictures” - National Geographic
Leafy
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Re: MalaysianUnderwater (MUW) Flickr Group

Post Number:#2  Postby mocha » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm

way to go bro.... a big effort there.... especially the teaching snafu part.... hehehehehehe.....

p/s: i tot u are still a mod in a dive forum somewhere?? :P :P B-) :D 
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't
mocha
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#3  Postby Nazir Amin » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:47 pm

good effort bro... will add more photos to the group soon  ;)
Seekor anak kera bertanya ke ibunya, “Bu, knapa ya wajah kita begitu jelek?”
Jawab ibunya, “Bersyukurlah nak, sebab wajah kita gak sejelek orang yang baca tulisan ini…”
Nazir Amin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#4  Postby kimseng the maverick rogue » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:51 pm

i transfered my yahoo photos there....
but they want me to pay  :angry4: :angry4:
as usual me al-cheapo don't want to pay....
so using picasa now
Sex is like math...
add the bed, substract the clothes, divide the legs & pray U don't multiply...
kimseng the maverick rogue
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#5  Postby Leafy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:06 pm

kimseng wrote:i transfered my yahoo photos there....
but they want me to pay  :angry4: :angry4:
as usual me al-cheapo don't want to pay....
so using picasa now

Pay? Flickr is free la bro... if you pay for the service, then they'd give you unlimited space and unlimited number of sets to create etc., but even for free they give Gigabytes of space for you to upload so it's really a lot. For me, such a great photo service that dwarfs other online photo management/sharing sites, I don't mind paying them larr. Flickr's advantage is on the APIs and the way we can share the photos to everyone.

mocha : oh yea, always forgot that I was once voted to be moderator for photography at MDC, but I've never do any moderating works so I can be considered a non-moderator... anyway, shouldn't be an issue right? the only online moderating works I'm still doing is on my own blogs, the rest are in my "whattevvver" mode.
--
Website : http://www.leafbug.org “Don’t tell the story if you don’t have the pictures” - National Geographic
Leafy
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby Snafu » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:02 pm

Bro..How to put it up in MUW group the pic. from my flickr?

Sorry haaaaa....nothing new, me not IT savvy.

:D
Some people are only ALIVE because it's against the law to KILL them...really!!!
Snafu
Administrator
Administrator

Post Number:#7  Postby Leafy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Snafu wrote:Bro..How to put it up in MUW group the pic. from my flickr?

Sorry haaaaa....nothing new, me not IT savvy.

:D

Heh :) ok, click on the image, when it displays the larger version on the screen, there'll be a row of menus on top of the image, click on "Send To Group" and a pulldown dropmenu will come out, click at "Malaysian Underwater (MUW)" and voila that's it.
--
Leafy
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby MT_Tanc » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:18 am

Eh, why flicker's website very the gile slow now? or maybe sumtink wrong with my network connection? :sad10:
A good woman will do 70 chores around the house. Cooking and 69
MT_Tanc
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby Leafy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 am

Streamyx slow, international link slow, or it's just traffic load bottleneck somewhere... whatever, I have no idea la bro, that one have to ask Flickr. it works fine on my side, so far.
--
Leafy
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#10  Postby sheik » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:06 am

There's a broken fiber cable from HK to Korea. Although the cable owner has immediately restored 20G of traffic over other working fiber pair, the 'least' important customers will get off from bottle neck soon.
Diving: A Serious Play
sheik
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Chill-Out Zone