MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - STUDENTS SOON TO BE DIVERS

STUDENTS SOON TO BE DIVERS

Where you can hang out & discuss anything

STUDENTS SOON TO BE DIVERS

Post Number:#1  Postby run » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:04 pm

I recently just back from my diving trip. It is enjoyable to see more and more people becoming divers.
Although i have to say i often pity to see some of the students especially the ladies after their dive lessons.
They had to walked a few metres fm shore to the dive center. Carrying those big tanks. Looking tired and exhausted.
Not only that, some of them even puke in the water.
I could only smile and give more encouragement words so that they could summon all their strength to walk a few
more steps until they reached the dive center. Once at the bench, all they can say" tired", "heavy", "OMG" and so on.
After the dinner all they want is a fine a bed, a room with a comfortable temperature.
Its their first time carrying heavy loads with tank and more than 3 weights. I can understand the feeling.
Diving at the sea is nothing the same feeling you had when you doing your DSD or pool training.
There are no sharp corals punching under your feet when you walk to enter the pool. You can see ur instructor
clear inside the pool.
Some of the shore dives at the island had currents, wind, and choppy waters.
I guess a nice bed is really a rewarding gift for them after a hard day at the sea.
So to all certified new divers. Welcome to the diving world. Many more to come in the underwaterland. Many more
creatures to see and to learn. ^:)^
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 20

Re: STUDENTS SOON TO BE DIVERS

Post Number:#2  Postby Ikan wadi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:43 am

I am a girl@lady@woman.. agreed with your statement! I had experienced once, within a day did 4dives (usually 3dives a day).. i almost giving up for the last 4th dive but still dont want to miss it(must do it till the last drop..?? l-) ).. Fuhh! 8-}
Ikan wadi
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby run » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:20 am

congrats again to you ikan wadi. Now you just cant get enough with the compressed air right? No matter how heavy the tank is.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby mamakpenang » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 pm

run,
i believe it is part & parcel to get the open water license that almost all of us have to go through, tough time
looking back at it after a few years make me smile, nowaday we choose not to carry our bcd & tank, someone else will carry for us, or we choose the dc close to water, no need to walk 30 to 50 meters on the beach, or choose LOB instead.... :laugh:
well if you go to SWV, they will carry your bcd & tank to the boat unless u wanna do shore dive then u have to carry yourself, but the distance only 3-5 meters
in lumba lumba pulau weh aceh, they will carry your bcd & tank to & from the boat, just bring your mask & fins
the longest distance that i have to carry bcd & tank is while i was in redang bay, no jetty have to walk to the boat & of course at alu alu as well when the tide is low......walking on the mud & no booties hehe....believe me i know how it feel.....
well maybe dc can offer/provide the service to carry the bcd & tank to all divers with small amount of fees, (especially the ladies) then life will be much more easier, less magical.... :d
mamakpenang
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby rushd4n » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am

one of my friend dont want to take up diving just because... takut hitam... :P
rushd4n
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby run » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:07 pm

tell her hitam ok one.diving is another fountain of youth. breathing thru a compressed air is another type of oxygen theraphy that helps rebuild your body cells much faster (yeah please believe in this theory of mine :-? :d ) no need for facial rountine anymore. Those with tan complexion looks even sexier :cool:
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Return to Chill-Out Zone