MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Anyone going down to Arung Hayat Sipadan on 27 dec to 1 jan

Anyone going down to Arung Hayat Sipadan on 27 dec to 1 jan

Looking for someone to go diving with? Post your trip location, dates and cost here.

Anyone going down to Arung Hayat Sipadan on 27 dec to 1 jan

Post Number:#1  Postby theevopig » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 am

Hi everyone,

Anyone heading down to arung hayat sipadan on 27 dec till 1 jan ? You can be my buddy or meet up for chill haha...... I m heading down there alone :glasses2: . Any comments or review of Arung Hayat Sipadan don mind drop it some here for my reference  B-) B-) B-) .

Thanks.

Cheers......
New Evolution Pig Which DIVE. Dive more discover more.Enjoy dive and DIVE SAFELY.
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: Anyone going down to Arung Hayat Sipadan on 27 dec to 1 jan

Post Number:#2  Postby run » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 pm

The last time i've been there very minimal accomodation. Toilet sharing. No TV. Next to billabong.
I dont think they have any dive center.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#3  Postby theevopig » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Oic..... But according to this web site http://www.sipadanadventures.com/ there is a dive centre i dono izzit own by the foreign? coz the DM and instructor are ang mor haha....... Coz i plan to go down stay and dive for 6d5n alone so just choose for budget style hehe........ Thanks for review ya.......

run wrote:The last time i've been there very minimal accomodation. Toilet sharing. No TV. Next to billabong.
I dont think they have any dive center.
New Evolution Pig Which DIVE. Dive more discover more.Enjoy dive and DIVE SAFELY.
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby run » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Oh wow...that mean i really have left sipadan for quite sometime :P. I need to go there again.
Anyhow my advice, it is better to get the local DM to guide you. In mabul/sipadan there a lot of mat salleh
doing their DM/Instructor course and so their guidance are very minimal.
Some of them just enter the water with us and didn't give any effort to find and show any of the highlights to us.
I prefer diving with the locals. More friendly and willing to share almost everything that they know.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby theevopig » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:40 pm

Ohhh...... Coz i read some review said dive with arung hayat is good except the accomodation haha...... For me accomodation not important. The most is important is do more dive with a budget cost haha....... You have any budget and good resort with dive centre to intruduce ???Maybe this time is for trial...... Next year will try another resort haha.....

run wrote:Oh wow...that mean i really have left sipadan for quite sometime :P . I need to go there again.
Anyhow my advice, it is better to get the local DM to guide you. In mabul/sipadan there a lot of mat salleh
doing their DM/Instructor course and so their guidance are very minimal.
Some of them just enter the water with us and didn't give any effort to find and show any of the highlights to us.
I prefer diving with the locals. More friendly and willing to share almost everything that they know.
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby run » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:37 pm

i can suggest like toodus style...camping, bath and toilet at dive centre..really hardcore style hahahaha.

From what i see when it comes to diving, the cost for boat dives range RM65-RM90, tioman perhentian.
For redang, lang tengah, tenggol fix together with accomodation cost.

In the area of mabul , the cost for a room together with food is around min RM70 perday.
in tioman you can get a room with fan at RM40 perday same as for perhentian.

LOB style eventhough it sounds expensive but you can do unlimited dives.

If want to get any cheaper than this , friend with anyone who owns a compressor and a boat :D
Last edited by run on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby theevopig » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Haha........ Ya tioman i dove there 2 time in past 2 month haha...... Wana try something new haha....... Actually i m visit my relative at tawau then go down sipadan alone for hardcore style haha...... but for tereanganu side i think is closing soon due to monsoon season coming.Anyway thanks alot for your advice...... I go for try will post the review once i get back from there haha.....

run wrote:i can suggest like toodus style...camping, bath and toilet at dive centre..really hardcore style hahahaha.

From what i see when it comes to diving, the cost for boat dives range RM65-RM90, tioman perhentian.
For redang, lang tengah, tenggol fix together with accomodation cost.

In the area of mabul , the cost for a room together with food is around min RM70 perday.
in tioman you can get a room with fan at RM40 perday same as for perhentian.

LOB style eventhough it sounds expensive but you can do unlimited dives.

If want to get any cheaper than this , friend with anyone who owns a compressor and a boat :D
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#8  Postby Malxn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 am

Try Billabong.... Got local DM there!!! The boz also local
Malxn
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#9  Postby run » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 am

yeap...see malxn too suggest get the locals. I dont have any issue with the mat salleh but it is just they are too
easy to dive with. Might as well enter the water without them. Some even think we local divers are not as talented as
they are.
With the local/mat salleh DM you try to request to see what are the highlight at the Dive sites you will be heading too.

There are mandarin fish corner, eel garden, orang utan crab, boxing crab, pygmy. Certain dive site already have a
permanent residents at their lot :)
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby Chip » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:03 pm

run wrote:yeap...see malxn too suggest get the locals. I dont have any issue with the mat salleh but it is just they are too
easy to dive with. Might as well enter the water without them. Some even think we local divers are not as talented as
they are.
With the local/mat salleh DM you try to request to see what are the highlight at the Dive sites you will be heading too.

There are mandarin fish corner, eel garden, orang utan crab, boxing crab, pygmy. Certain dive site already have a
permanent residents at their lot :)

its true... the local DM know their teritory very well...  :icon_thumright: if you wanna have total satisfaction i suggest you try Spheredivers Homestay... I went there last month... ;) Azhar the DM is wonderfull, always manage to show us the highlight of the area...Tones of nudi, flamboyant cuttlefish, blue ribbon eel, flying gurnard, frogfish and many more...  :D go local support our local operator... hehehe..  B-)
~ Air is like sex; it's not important unless you aren't getting any ~
Chip
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#11  Postby expressodupio » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Bro, i'll be in mabul from 24th december till the 1st of january 2012. gonna be staying at sphere. kalau mau lepak or yumcha, you're most welcomed :). but anyhow, enjoy your trip!
getting narc'ed is the highlight of my day.
expressodupio
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#12  Postby theevopig » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:15 am

Okay Bro, izzit sphere quite near to Arung Hayat ?? If near then we might can meet up and had a cup tea haha....... Because i m going there alone haha. Wow your trip much longer then mine haha.

Cheersss......

expressodupio wrote:Bro, i'll be in mabul from 24th december till the 1st of january 2012. gonna be staying at sphere. kalau mau lepak or yumcha, you're most welcomed :) . but anyhow, enjoy your trip!
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby theevopig » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Everyone as i had promised to give some review for the homestay (Arung Hayat Sipadan). The whole trip for 6D5N with 14 dive ( consist of 6 dive @ Mabul, 3 Dive @ Sipadan , 3 Dive @ Si Amil & 2 Dive @ Kapalai) The total cost of the whole trip excluding flight ticket just cost me about RM2.1K. I feel that very cheap and worth for me dive and stay with Arung Hayat. The food they provide i think very delicious(almost every meal got seafood but NOT SHARK FINS), the service provide by the boss(Hanif) and staff is excellent. For accommodation don expect much if you pay only Rm80 per night include food and accommodation (Fan only). For me the room is fine with only RM80 per night. Dive with them is the best because the DM(Hanif boss of the Homestay haha) is Local and he know all the macro thing hide and he will try his very best to find those unique macro thing to show you. I dive with them i seen alot macro thing which point by DM. Eventhough i m only diver at that moment but he never reject my request to dive the location i wish to dive within Mabul & Kapalai. But for Sipadan dive you must book 3 to 6 month in advanced because he cant promise you confirm will get the permit. But he always try his best to arrange as per your request. Beside that he also act as a tour guide for mabul island haha. He bring me visit almost the whole island with 20 to 30 min walk haha because mabul is very small haha.

This is all the review i had when i m stayed at Arung Hayat and Dive with Hanif (Boss of Arung Hayat) haha. Sorry for my noob english writing but hope it help those who are choosing cheap and good homestay to go.

Dive Safely & Dive Hapily........ Enjoy the moment of Blowing  Bubble........
theevopig
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby kenzotaj » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:46 pm

tq for d updates,, wonderful
The sea is calling...
kenzotaj
Diver
Diver