MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Lembeh diving 27th Nov thru 1st Dec 2011

Lembeh diving 27th Nov thru 1st Dec 2011

Looking for someone to go diving with? Post your trip location, dates and cost here.

Lembeh diving 27th Nov thru 1st Dec 2011

Post Number:#1  Postby decimal86 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:34 pm

folks,

my wife and i going on the above dates. anybody keen?
alamak, the tank goes at the back??
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author
Topics: 25

Re: Lembeh diving 27th Nov thru 1st Dec 2011

Post Number:#2  Postby Ketam » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

Looks like we are back online bro..... but could not join you for this trip.... stuck with something
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#3  Postby decimal86 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Ketam wrote:Looks like we are back online bro..... but could not join you for this trip.... stuck with something

thks to all the admin and mods, yes i can keep up with all my friends here. yeah i got a good deal for this Lembeh trip so i am going to see....electric clam in a small cave!!! sungguh anih. macam tanda iklan.
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#4  Postby alan88 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:16 pm

Nice timing. Plz update DC preferred. Do pm me anytime.
Cheers
alan88
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#5  Postby ericliow » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:23 pm

i stay before in Bastianos Lembeh.....nice environment and friendly staff especially DMs....9 person including one instructor guided by 3 DMs, we pass a to-see-list and only 2 critters(hairy frogfish and mimic octopus) not spotted. Wonderfull experience there and hope to go again next year.....and lets pray AirAsia continue serving Manado.....
Keep The SHARKS In The Ocean And Out Of The Soups
ericliow
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#6  Postby decimal86 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:23 am

folks

i am here at NAD Lembeh, having a wonderful time. the hostess is orang se-kampung !! dari pulau pinang....husband from UK.

right next door to Batianos, a lot smaller but very homey and practical...a wet and dry camera room? now how practical is that ?? shore dives are on the house, no need to climb the hill slopes like next door. food is excellent.

boat is big. easily sits 18 divers?

we saw so many hippocampus (sea-horse) yesterday, we thot got turf club meeting!!!

and plenty of banded cleaner shrimp..huge fellows. hmm no nudis though. and that electric fileclam, still there.

weather is cool and dry during the day. will post full report later. come join us....
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby Ketam » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am

hehehehe Turf club gathering :D :D :D :D

Eagerly waiting for the report and pics.
Ketam
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#8  Postby Adzri » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:19 am

decimal86 wrote:folks

i am here at NAD Lembeh, having a wonderful time. the hostess is orang se-kampung !! dari pulau pinang....husband from UK.

right next door to Batianos, a lot smaller but very homey and practical...a wet and dry camera room? now how practical is that ?? shore dives are on the house, no need to climb the hill slopes like next door. food is excellent.

boat is big. easily sits 18 divers?

we saw so many hippocampus (sea-horse) yesterday, we thot got turf club meeting!!!

and plenty of banded cleaner shrimp..huge fellows. hmm no nudis though. and that electric fileclam, still there.

weather is cool and dry during the day. will post full report later. come join us....

Ohhhh really!!!! any rhinopias (lacy or weedy) in lembeh now?

any way have fun and safe diving.
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#9  Postby Don Isse » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Bro.. Any signboard either bukit timah turf club or selangor turf club..?? hahahaha..  :laughing11:
~DiVe DeeP oR sTaY HomE..!!!~
Don Isse
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#10  Postby decimal86 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 pm

hahaha
we have nvr seen a regular sized sea-horse, but now they are all galloping in our direction!! they hang around a place where there are fish fries and they are having a buffet!!

Jahar I and Jahar II...it will forever be rememembered in my heart. the critter count went up to 1 per minute!!! it was like lighttning underwater!! there were so many divers and the strobes were firing non-stop, you would think there was a celebrity nearby and the paparazzi was shooting away.

stargazers!!! 4 of them......flamboyant cuttlefish....bobtail....the list goes on....

wow this is the best dive ever!!! seriously.
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#11  Postby anwa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:41 pm

decimal86 wrote:hahaha
we have nvr seen a regular sized sea-horse, but now they are all galloping in our direction!! they hang around a place where there are fish fries and they are having a buffet!!

Jahar I and Jahar II...it will forever be rememembered in my heart. the critter count went up to 1 per minute!!! it was like lighttning underwater!! there were so many divers and the strobes were firing non-stop, you would think there was a celebrity nearby and the paparazzi was shooting away.

stargazers!!! 4 of them......flamboyant cuttlefish....bobtail....the list goes on....

wow this is the best dive ever!!! seriously.

Wow Lembah Straits. Been meaning to go, maybe Jan-Mar that time.

May I ask, how's the weather there now ? Expected to be more wet in Jan-Mar ?
Is there a Two Fish Divers dive centre there ? How are they compare to where u are now ?
anwa
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#12  Postby decimal86 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:09 pm

NAD--Nomad Adventure Divers.

how many DC do you know that have 2 camera rooms bro ? one for you to wipe your camera after the freshwater soak? then disassembly..then a second room to upload/photshop/post? both rooms have ample charging stations for yr batteries. the second is air-cond.

ok to be honest, they are not resort style like KBR, Bastianos, Hills..(very beatiful at night in front of Jahir I) but it suits me fine. Ivan Choong of Divebooks ? recomm me and i have no regrets....value for money. the boat is spacious, don't have to climb hills to get back to your room. got WiFi.

come to think of it my friends, forget Manado just come to Lembeh and make your camera happy!!!!and the owner will too i am sure, you shoould see the grin on my face.....bye for now.

the car- ride is about an hour and a bit, then Bitung harbour you take a boat about 20 mins to most DC and the shooting starts. will be leaving tomo to go back to singapore for work, but i am already scheming up to come back here asap.

i know the airfare is expensive from KL but save on 2 Tioman trips and you will have the time of your life diving.

5D4N--8 boat dives, 1 night boat dive, 2 shore dives (free), airport transfer (taxi plus boat from Bitung), dive permit all set me back US$501, 3 square meals a day, snacks on the boat after the first morn dive. second dive then back to the Dc for lunch, and the afternoon dive is at 1430 hrs.

the mosquitoes made me feel at home in penang, cuz my house in penang has swarms of them..be warned! the mosquitoe coil did not work. maybe long pants might.

the water pressure was very poor in room 2. we had to shower Balinese style, in the open at the DC where they also had a gas-fired water heater. WiFi in the dining hall was good. Bintang beer-big--US$4 per bottle.

the freshwater for cleaning bcd, dive gear and wetsuits was very limited. and no hose or tap to force water into the bcd for a good rinse. the boatcrew will clean all your equipment for you if you are lazy but as i said, no chance to really clean your stuff. the water for rinsing cameras seem ok. on the last dive of your stay, better to clean the gear yourself and dry it in the open, my gear did not dry at all in the store room. it was soaking wet. if travelling by low cost, it could affect your excess baggage....

drinking water is readily available, so is hot water!! hurray.

night dives may affect the dinner time as they wait for all to come home before they serve dinner. so if u are NOT out for a night dive, you may have to wait...

they supply towels for the boat dives but, only one for the entire stay! the room towels/bed sheet are changed every 3 days. do you read before you turn in for the night? better bring your own bulb...very dim or maybe my eyesight is gone? this is one of my pet hates about DC, the dim lighting. even at the dining hall, it is so dim...how to recognise what we just saw on our dive? nvr mind-lah next time i bring own bulb...

did i mention the mosquitoes?

the DM are all very polite and eager to please. best is to have a list of sites and/or critter list so they can plan the itinerary. better still, tell them you want to do a night boat dive as soon as you check in, so they can ask the other guest. believe me it is the highlight of lembeh trip!!

i must say i was not disappointed, i saw everything that i requested. and then some......

still poring over the books trying to identify what the heck we shot...

the food on all 5 days was beyond my expectations. and my 2 friends from the UK who were vegetarians felt they had a feast as well.

the kueh dadar was exceptional. fresh fruits available every meal and so sweet.

most rooms are standard, only 2 bungalows avail for folks who want more elbow room. the bungalows need some hill climbing.

there is no TV...so internet and swapping dive tales are the only entertainment. and that is all i have to report. until i visit again on the 10th of dec. have to go to work now.
Last edited by decimal86 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#13  Postby nglg212 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:48 pm

wow...have to start saving my money to lembeh already....
nglg212
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 2

Post Number:#14  Postby decimal86 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:40 am

nglg212 wrote:wow...have to start saving my money to lembeh already....

lawat sekali, tentu kembali...eh folks, i paid for all my stay there, not sponsored. you can stay somewhere else. i would recomm opposite Jahir I, then can shore dive everyday, i would like to see if the daytime character is the same as night...
decimal86
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topic author

Return to Find a Scuba Buddy