MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Anyone interested to be my buddy??

Anyone interested to be my buddy??

Looking for someone to go diving with? Post your trip location, dates and cost here.

Re: Anyone interested to be my buddy??

Post Number:#31  Postby evo5555 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:15 pm

deepblu wrote:
kaymind wrote:Anyway, I'm planning to go thailand next year. Probably Koh Samui...my plan not just for diving but also lepak king and relax2 jer...probably do 5 dives. Or maybe Phi2 Island....cause I never been there so less experience of it. But I must go to thai  doesnt matter where it is...as long as an island. So what say you? Any suggestion on ur mind?

It actually depends on which month you plan to go, actually.

coz if i am not mistaken, March would be the transition month where the monsoon winds change from the east to the west coast.

so if you go Samui, it will be the start of the new season. And if u decide to go Phi Phi, it will be the tail end.

like what Orinato mentioned, do PM Quero. she will be in a better position to advice u.

hmmm...deepblu u oni remeber girls forget about boys...hahahaha...I also want to join diving in Thai la..can ar?Anywhere in Thai, no problem :D
Last edited by evo5555 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evo5555
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#32  Postby evo5555 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:38 pm

i think now, you can spend all of your money then, no need to pay d.... :D

Botak wrote:Forget to tell, the tax need to pay upon departure, 500BHT = RM50, so don't spent all your pocket money
evo5555
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#33  Postby evo5555 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:45 pm

it depends on how you like it..cheap or  more xpensive...Thai can offer you lepaking spree or shopping spree,such as in phuket area or phi2 or full moon rave party in koh samui and many more..which tengol doesnt have  :P...of course what you pay is what you get....As for relaxing beach, wait till you get your feet to Surin islands, one of similan island or Burma banks.its pretty chill and relaxin....cheerss

bonnie wrote:go to tenggol lah... much more relaxing and cheap(if u dun mind spending 2 nights sleeping in a hammock). i dare say that it's the best in peninsular malaysia. but my dad swore he saw a great white in tenggol waters(but i don't know if he was exaggerating or not). but that was 25 years ago. and it was 47.38% more beautiful...
evo5555
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Post Number:#34  Postby John F SeaDemon » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Me...I'm a cheapo diver.

I never pay more than RM400-500 for a dive trip including petrol and toll...do 5 or 6 dives.  I only go diving for the dives.  If I have to pay more than 1K, then the dive trip would have to be free.  B-) :D :D :D :D

As for Bull Sharks, spotted off Kuala Rompin; someone saw one in Perhentian's Teluk Dalam during monsoon a few years back. Quite a number off the east coast. Tiger sharks....one was spotted two years ago between Redang and Bidong (by someone from UMT or OFKAKUSTEM). Tiger Reef in Tioman was called exactly that because of that - but that was about 2 decades ago. West coast: especially Pangkor and above, Tigers have been caught by fishermen, the last one in 1999 by a Pangkor fisherman.

Why worry about sharks? It's like going into a jungle...the tigers are there. It's their domain. Whether you will bump into one is another matter altogether. How many blacktip reef sharks have you seen in your last 20 dives around Peninsular Malaysia?
-If I tell you I'm good, you would probably think I'm boasting. If I tell you I'm no good, you know I'm lying-
John F SeaDemon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#35  Postby d3ng0d » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:17 am

hin daeng and hin muang....i think DC in krabi does offer daytrip to both sites...i think you can google them out...have fun exploring thai dive sites...and the 'authentic' thai scenery  :D :laughing11:
d3ng0d
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#36  Postby dp » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:02 pm

evo5555 wrote:
deepblu wrote:
kaymind wrote:Anyway, I'm planning to go thailand next year. Probably Koh Samui...my plan not just for diving but also lepak king and relax2 jer...probably do 5 dives. Or maybe Phi2 Island....cause I never been there so less experience of it. But I must go to thai  doesnt matter where it is...as long as an island. So what say you? Any suggestion on ur mind?

It actually depends on which month you plan to go, actually.

coz if i am not mistaken, March would be the transition month where the monsoon winds change from the east to the west coast.

so if you go Samui, it will be the start of the new season. And if u decide to go Phi Phi, it will be the tail end.

like what Orinato mentioned, do PM Quero. she will be in a better position to advice u.

hmmm...deepblu u oni remeber girls forget about boys...hahahaha...I also want to join diving in Thai la..can ar?Anywhere in Thai, no problem :D

it's called selective memory.

u need immense talent to be able to do that, bro.

:D :D :D :D :D
One woman brings you into this world crying.
The other ensures you continue to do so for the rest of your life...
dp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#37  Postby syaz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi kaymind,

i was kinda excited when i first read the title. I mean, i'm planning to go diving this march. But later i figured, u must be a diver (already) and i was like.. sigh..

Hehe owkay, yea im a newbie. Baru nak belajar. so im looking for a partner to take the licnce with me.. Guess i should open a new thread?  :)

have u found your partner anyway?

Cheers
syaz
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#38  Postby kaymind » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 am

zays wrote:Hi kaymind,

i was kinda excited when i first read the title. I mean, i'm planning to go diving this march. But later i figured, u must be a diver (already) and i was like.. sigh..

Hehe owkay, yea im a newbie. Baru nak belajar. so im looking for a partner to take the licnce with me.. Guess i should open a new thread?  :)

Cheers

Sorry Zays! I didnt notice your msg at the forum last night. I was busy downloading movie through online. Nah...not found yet...Hey, why not? I can be your buddy...!!I'm pleasure with it. Since I'm not found any buddy yet, i postpone my trip. But still can go on. Hey, why not you join me to Perhentian next month? I have 2 students OW with me now. No problem you can share the room with me. PM me if you're interested.

Cherio!
Cheers!
KAYMIND
kaymind
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#39  Postby syaz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:23 pm

Thanks kaymind! :)
syaz
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#40  Postby comot » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm

kaymind,

you don't need to postpone your trip sbb tak jumpa buddy. you'll be assign a dive buddy on your dives anyway. plus point was : met new people, my dive buddy was 'hot' ; minus point : he hasn't dived for 7 years, so your bottom time slightly short lah coz must surface with buddy.

i recommend you stay at Ko Lanta, nice beach n nice chill out place. you can stay at krabi or ko phi phi but those places are TOO touristy. if you decide to go and plan your stay at Ko Lanta, PM me, i will give you accommodation details. I was there 1 jan 2007 and a bungalow by the beach cost me only 400 bath. they say if non-peak season, only 200 bath.

Hin Daeng, Hin Mueng are nice dive spots. you can also try Ko Ha. It's great fun, you should give it a go. if you really feel like going, (and from your post nampak you're very much eager), don't let something like lack of a buddy stops you.

cheers!
comot
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#41  Postby blue » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 pm

kaymind wrote:
zays wrote:Hi kaymind,

Cheers

Sorry Zays! I didnt notice your msg at the forum last night. I was busy downloading movie through online. Nah...not found yet...Hey, why not? I can be your buddy...!!I'm pleasure with it. Since I'm not found any buddy yet, i postpone my trip. But still can go on. Hey, why not you join me to Perhentian next month? I have 2 students OW with me now. No problem you can share the room with me. PM me if you're interested.

Hmmm..Perhentian im in tho...adds more, can i be yr buddy and learn frm you too...?
kewl
Cherio!
blue
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#42  Postby kaymind » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:18 am

Hola Mr.Blues Clues...hehehehe...yeah u can join if you want too...with me i also have a male student. Harharharhar!Come on la bro, you already certified diver...no need to learn from me la...I learn from you la..
Cheers!
KAYMIND
kaymind
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#43  Postby kaymind » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:20 am

comot wrote:kaymind,

you don't need to postpone your trip sbb tak jumpa buddy. you'll be assign a dive buddy on your dives anyway. plus point was : met new people, my dive buddy was 'hot' ; minus point : he hasn't dived for 7 years, so your bottom time slightly short lah coz must surface with buddy.

i recommend you stay at Ko Lanta, nice beach n nice chill out place. you can stay at krabi or ko phi phi but those places are TOO touristy. if you decide to go and plan your stay at Ko Lanta, PM me, i will give you accommodation details. I was there 1 jan 2007 and a bungalow by the beach cost me only 400 bath. they say if non-peak season, only 200 bath.

Hin Daeng, Hin Mueng are nice dive spots. you can also try Ko Ha. It's great fun, you should give it a go. if you really feel like going, (and from your post nampak you're very much eager), don't let something like lack of a buddy stops you.

cheers!

Yeah...agreed!!
Cheers!
KAYMIND
kaymind
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#44  Postby MACHA » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:37 am

cheers!

Just reminding....if you're assigned a buddy please make sure you do a check on buddy back ground esp. experiences, level of exp.,physical
condition, buddy equipment as well, do reviews......dont just check the body & looks on arr  :D

You have the right to change your buddy if you're not comfortable with very good & polite reasons....so dont just whack only this time!
You wanna enjoy your dive safely  ;)
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#45  Postby MUC » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:13 am

MACHA wrote:

cheers!

Just reminding....if you're assigned a buddy please make sure you do a check on buddy back ground esp. experiences, level of exp.,physical
condition, buddy equipment as well, do reviews......dont just check the body & looks on arr  :D

You have the right to change your buddy if you're not comfortable with very good & polite reasons....so dont just whack only this time!

Obviously!
I don't have an ATTITUDE, I'm just that BETTER!
MUC
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#46  Postby comot » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:47 pm

MACHA wrote:Just reminding....if you're assigned a buddy please make sure you do a check on buddy back ground esp. experiences, level of exp.,physical

ehem.. ehem.. i checked his back, asked whether he's experience, his level of experience, checked his physical condition and his equipment  :toothy12: :toothy12:

but seriously, the cha is right la. comfortable and safety first!  :occasion14:
comot
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#47  Postby corea » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:05 pm

OK gak jadi ur buddy ...Tapi i male lah ...:) so can u give me some info wen u nak pi? KOt2 boleh i check my jadual free kee... :hello:
Corea (Jey Bee)
corea
Diver
Diver

Previous

Return to Find a Scuba Buddy