MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land !

komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land !

Selling international dive trips...Please post here. Topics are auto-locked after 120 days.

komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land !

Post Number:#1  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:23 pm

STAY & DIVE KOMODO 6D/5N
* no more live aboard , stay put on land !

Komodo National Park, one of the richest marine environments in the world, offers you the best diving adventures in Indonesia. It is unique in the world in having two distinct marine habitats - tropical and temperate - a few nautical miles distant from each other. It is an exciting place to dive, but it is also a very challenging place to dive. In 1996, UNESCO declared Komodo as a World Heritage Site and a Man and Biosphere reserve.
Your adventure begins …

Day 01.  KUL – Bali
Depart Kuala Lumpur via AK 900 (1055 / 1355 hours) OR AK 904 (1640 / 1940 hours). Meet on arrival at Denpasar Airport and transfer to hotel in Kuta for check in. Free and Easy.

Day 2. Bali – Labuan Bajo
On your day of arrival, we will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to Bintang Flores Hotel at Labuan Bajo, only 15 minutes drive. The only 4* resort in West Flores, stay in comfort without having the go on liveaboard.  After check in, in the afternoon we will bring you to Bidadari Island to begin your diving adventures in Komodo National Park. Enjoy the rest of the day here and then back to hotel for overnight.

Day 3. KOMODO National Park
After breakfast, our Dive Master will drive you to Labuan Bajo Harbor where you will board on a boat for diving to Sebayor Kecil and Mini Wall at Komodo National Park. Upon arrival at the dive site our Dive Master will give you a dive brief before your first dive.
Mini Wall : The whole north face of this island is good diving. There are garden eels on the sandy slopes, and shrimp gobies and sweetlips are common. Occasionally, mandarin fish have been spotted in shallow water. This site also features beautiful coral gardens with a high abundance of both hard and soft corals.
Sebayor Kecil : Large boulders shelter groups of giant trevally, whitetip reef sharks, coral trout, snappers and emperors.
After enjoying your first and second dive, we will serve you light lunch on board. After enjoying your third dive we will take you back to Bintang Flores Hotel for overnight.

Day 4. KOMODO National Park
After breakfast, our Dive Master will take you by car to Labuan Bajo Harbor where you will board on a boat to Tatawa Kecil or Batu Bolong at Komodo National Park. Upon arrival at the dive site our Dive Master will give you a dive brief before your first dive.

Rocks, caves and beautiful coral gardens grace the reef on the western side of the islet. Many coral reef fishes including large groupers, snappers, sweetlips, trevally and sharks can be seen. Amazing numbers of Anthias swim amongst colorful fields of branching corals. Dugongs have been spotted here and manta rays are often seen on the southern side of the island.
After enjoying your first dive, and second dive, we will serve you light lunch on board.
After your third dive we will take you back to Bintang Flores Hotel and overnight.

Day 5. KOMODO National Park
After breakfast, please be ready for your third day of diving. In the morning, we will board from Labuan Bajo on our fast power boat to Pantai Merah (Pink Beach), part of Komodo National Park. During the boat ride our divemaster will prepare the dive gear and give you dive brief. There is a great variety of fishes here and also a good selection of critters such as leaf scorpionfish, blue ribbon eels, crocodile fish, nudibranchs, and more.
After your first dive, simple light lunch will be served and in the meantime our Dive Master will prepare everything for your second dive. After enjoying your second dive, we will bring you to enter the land of Loh Liang (Komodo Island) for Komodo Dragon watching in its habitat. After enjoying the adventures, we will boat you back to Bintang Flores Hotel for overnight.

Day 6. Labuan Bajo – Bali
After breakfast, short city sightseeing and visit Manggaraian Local Market we will transfer you back to Labuan Bajo airport for your flight back to Bali.
Connect flight night back to Kuala Lumpur via AK905 2010/2310 (suggested flight)

End of Itinerary.

PACKAGE PRICE : RM3,899.00 per diver. (ex-Denpasar, Bali)

The above package includes:
1. Four (4) nights accommodation at Bintang Flores Hotel, Labuan Bajo (based on two share) Bintang Flores is the ONLY 4 star accommodation in Flores / Komodo area and offer the comfort of resort setting and service.
2. Return domestic airfare Bali - Labuan Bajo with baggage allowance of 25kg for diver.
3. Return airport transfers (Bali and Labuan Bajo)
4. Daily breakfast for 2 persons per room
5. 3 Days diving (total 10 dives) at Komodo National Park
6. Visiting Komodo Dragon at Loh Liang (Komodo Island) + Guide
7. Sea & land transport
8. Dive guide service
9. Free using of dive equipment (non deductable for unused service)
10. Light lunch
11. Refreshments (snacks, soft drinks, and mineral water)
12. Insurance US$ 50.000 per person

The above package is NOT includes:
1. Airport taxes
2. Conservation Fund at US$ 15 per person (for length of stay 1-3 days)
3. Local government tax and other fees at Rp. 40.000,- per person
4. Laundry service & Mini Bar
5. Other personal expenses

Notes:
- Minimum booking for each trip is two (2) divers sharing.
- The prices are valid from May 1st until October 31st, 2008 and subject to change without prior notice
- Due to weather and current conditions, and safety reasons, dive operator has the authority to cancel or reschedule the activities or to change the dive sites at Komodo National Park
- Flight booking service for Bali – Labohan Bajo can be done arrange for group. Details have to be given in advance as well as full payment for ticket.
- Booking terms and conditions applies.
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land

Post Number:#2  Postby bijan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:35 pm

welcome to MUW, fundiver81..it seems that this is your first posting in MUW..it would be great if you could introduce yourself to us by starting a new topic in the introduction board..i'm sure it wud help your sales if we got to know you
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land !

Post Number:#3  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:13 pm

hi every one this is very good news in komodo no need to LOB any more now have new hotel open in there
so i this year may i want to go there any body want to join me ....

i m jimmy from klang so this trip is for my holiday trip to go there to take a photos

any body want to join me.. email me fundiver81@hotmail.com
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Re: komodo island........6day 5 night....no more live aboard , stay put on land !

Post Number:#4  Postby bijan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:32 pm

Myth Asia Travel Network Sdn. Bhd. is your company?
"Strength is not the attitude of knowing everything, but rather an acceptance of everything"
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#5  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:54 pm

bijan this is not my company is my friend company name is jenny i thing you also know her right
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#6  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:06 pm

i m just a padi Freelance from myth asia coz i m very good friend with jenny
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#7  Postby MACHA » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:09 pm

Hi fundiver81.....have you been to Komodo before?
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Topics: 1

Post Number:#8  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:37 pm

MACHA wrote:Hi fundiver81.....have you been to Komodo before?

hi macha i naver been so this year is my holiday year so i hope to go there and long time i in phuket every time LOB so this trip in komodo already have news resort open so have better price for me... 
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#9  Postby MACHA » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:48 pm

well its a good deal....but IMHO live aboard is a good way being around Komodo region as for location/tides factor.. etc.wonderful sites such as Crystal Rock & Casle Rock /Gili Lawa Laut ( North Komodo ) needs the right tidal current for ensuring being at the actual point of dive plan.
Well i believe this is an offer for those who prefer being on mainland...sea sick etc  ;)
Last edited by MACHA on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man needs a little madness or he never breaks the rope and goes free"......Zorba
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#10  Postby bijan » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:53 pm

MACHA wrote:well its a good deal....but IMHO live aboard is a good way being around Komodo region as for location/tides factor.. etc.wonderful sites such as Crystal Rock & Casle Rock /Gili Lawa Laut ( North Komodo ) needs the right tidal current for ensuring being at the actual point of dive plan.
Well i believe this is an offer for those who prefer being on mainland...sea sick etc  ;)

Macha's rock, komodo right? ehhehe
bijan
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post Number:#11  Postby fundiver81 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm

bijan wrote:
MACHA wrote:well its a good deal....but IMHO live aboard is a good way being around Komodo region as for location/tides factor.. etc.wonderful sites such as Crystal Rock & Casle Rock /Gili Lawa Laut ( North Komodo ) needs the right tidal current for ensuring being at the actual point of dive plan.

hahahah......
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#12  Postby Adzri » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:15 am

fundiver81 wrote:
bijan wrote:

hahahah......

Agreed with macha ... day trip to Komodo from Labuan Bajo ... Fuhhhh min 4 hours of total journey to dive sites bro. Secondly, Its quite risky as well since you are left with no much option upon arrival at the dive sites but to jump, to complete the normal 3 boat dive (water condition is very unpredictable there in Komodo) Thirdly, limited dive sites to explore. The killers of komodo must be carnibal rock, Yellow wall of Texas, Cristal Rock, Karang Makasar, Manta Alley.

my RM 00.02 cents
Last edited by Adzri on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#13  Postby fundiver81 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:00 pm

wow... really need 4 hrs.....to komodo???? what boat you use???
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#14  Postby Adzri » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:35 am

fundiver81 wrote:wow... really need 4 hrs.....to komodo???? what boat you use???

I never done any land base diving in Komodo. It took us min 2 hours of ride from LBJ to komodo island and another 2 hours to to return

Any way Good luck bro...
Adzri
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#15  Postby fundiver81 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:12 am

ok bro but for me i more like the hotel you can see the web site is very nice may is open so have to try how the feel i will let you know hehehehhehe

http://www.bintangfloreshotel.com
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#16  Postby fundiver81 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:19 am

maybe can sleep with komodo dragon hahahhahahaha......
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#17  Postby MACHA » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:59 am

In regards of journey to dive sites from Labuhan Bajo ( LBJ ) the last time when we were there, no Dive Operators uses speedboats for day trips....Phinisi schooner type boats are widely used for their  huge sizes, stability,cost effective..these boats are suitable for Flores sea condition esp. the Southerly Wind during March till sep. with big waves. & it take ages to travel to Cannibal Rock ( Kode & South Rinca, Manta Point of South Komodo )

If there's option with speedboat maybe diving in area near LBJ...another thing about Indonesia speedboat, they prefer to used 40 HP outboard engines for toughness...so a twin outboard is preferbly  installed you get about 8-10 knots depending of boats bulit & amount of divers  total weights + tanks etc.;)

my 1 cent opinion...
Last edited by MACHA on Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
MACHA
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#18  Postby syamdive » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:14 pm

Some illustration.

The nearest dive site you mentioned is Sebayur Kechil, which is according to google earth about 10.88 nautical miles from Labuan Bajo in a straight line. For Pink Beach its about 20 nautical miles. So a boat traveling at 10 knots would take an hour to get to Sebayur Kechil and two hours to Pink Beach. My point is to do 3 dives a day would be tricky because you don't have much choice in varying the time you dive at a site. If you reach Tatawa Kechil for example and the current there is crazy fast, the dive operator have no choice but to let you dive there since you already paid for 3 boat dives per day. I think this is the reason why some people say that the current in Komodo is super fast, its because they do day trips from LBJ and couldn't wait for the right time to dive at the right site.

Another reason why diving with day trips from LBJ doesn't make sense for divers that traveled there specifically for diving is that the landmark sites such as Castle Rock, Crystal Rock, Cannibal Rock, Yellow Wall are out of reach for day trip boats. I suppose its OK for backpackers traveling in LBJ who wants to just dive in Komodo to do day trips. But for divers coming all the way from Malaysia to experience the best of Komodo, they'll miss the highlights if they don't do LOB.

Just sharing my opinion. By the way I was there in Jul & Dec 2006 on Pak Condo's LOB.

reference
http://www.divekomodo.com/divecenter_site.htm
syamdive
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#19  Postby Macha G » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:56 pm

Just adding another perspective from my experience...I've was there in July 2006 recke trip together with Syamdive, MACHA, Adik etc on Pak Jondo's LOB. The underwater scene, diverse marine life, & coupled with very2 fast currents at every dive sites were awesome & exilirating which can reduce any divers to tears (MACHA asking for tissue2...heheheh)...underwater.

Although you may be overwhelmed with such experiences...dont forget about safety...guess you've heard the 'Macha Rock' story.

Since traveling all the way from KL my 2 cent advise is first: you get a 'local' dive operator/guide who has the experience with the challenging (very2 fast currents) dive sites. Second: to appreciate diving in Komodo...LOB is the best choice. You will not regret but be relax, do 4 dives a day and saying ..."i got time".

Happy safe diving...

Macha G :icon_rr:
Macha G
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#20  Postby fundiver81 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:49 pm

ok macha G i will dive and safe if you have any friend want to go email this

info@mythasia.com

www.mythasia.com
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#21  Postby fundiver81 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:01 pm

any body want to join me go komodo on 25/may/08 to 30/may/08

email me

fundiver81@hotmail.com
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Post Number:#22  Postby fundiver81 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:17 pm

how about dive site sebayor kecil,mini wall,komodo national park,batu bolong,tatawa kecil,pantai merah
i ask already the dive boat is use power boat so is same like phi phi island go far dive site also need to use power boat 
fundiver81
Diver
Diver

Topic author

Return to International Dive Trips