MalaysianUnderwater.com (MUW) • View topic - Pulau Perhentian Feb 2012

Pulau Perhentian Feb 2012

Selling local dive trips...Please post here. Topics are auto-locked after 120 days.

Pulau Perhentian Feb 2012

Post Number:#1  Postby gty » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:22 pm

Hello,
I plan to go pulau perhentian next year in Feb
any suggestions or recommendations???
Ferry is available ???
Accommodation, Dive center, location (big or small island)
First time to there,
very thanks
gty
Diver
Diver

Topic author
Topics: 1

Re: Pulau Perhentian Feb 2012

Post Number:#2  Postby raffidi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:05 am

Hi gtv,
Just to share my experience over the last two years around that area.
In Mar 2010 went for family holiday to Redang and the water was bad that diving activities for divers was canceled and lucky me that mine was not a diving trip. Traveling  in and out of Redang was in really bad condition.
In Mar 2011 I followed friends for diving and conditions was worst than the year before. Had to stay an extra night as the condition was too rough to travel. Diving was awful with rough seas and rain so as I tell people from my experience, don't go during this time. Wait till Apr where the conditions should improve.
raffidi
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Topics: 4

Post Number:#3  Postby urchin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:10 am

wait until April bila laut sudah tenang so you will enjoy diving activities
urchin
Advanced Diver
Advanced Diver

Post Number:#4  Postby Malxn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:27 am

Yup correct... I was lucky able to dive at Redang last end Oct just on time before the resort close for monsoon....
Malxn
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#5  Postby ericcc » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Tioman is reasonably good weather in February. Had some fantastic viz diving there in Feb 2010, CNY time. two thumbs up.
Last edited by ericcc on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericcc
Sport Diver
Sport Diver

Post Number:#6  Postby solo » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi,

I am based in Kuala Besut and been diving privately for the last three years around Perhentian.  Next year I planned to organise some dive trips from the mainland, i.e. from Kuala Besut.  I have a 40 footer fishing boat as well as a 27 foot /115HP Speed boat.  There are hundreds of Artificial Reefs around Perhentian and some beautiful coral reefs out in the open sea where normal dive centers will not take you, it is simply too far.  The Sugar Shipwreck is only 10 km from Kuala Besut, by the way. If you dive from the mainland, there are many advantages Food and lodging is definitely MUCH cheaper, especially food is definitely also better.  You also have the choice of going to Kota Bahru which is only about 50 km from Kuala Besut.  There are also excellent waterfalls and a hot water spring all in  prestine conditions around Kuala Besut with jungle tracking possibilities.

Diving costs depends on where you want to dive and how many of you are in the group. On the average of 6 divers and if the  total distance is less than 50 km the cost should be about RM 250/person for three dives.

Please email me at kling7253@yahoo.com if you are interested to dive in a group or have some proposals.
solo
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#7  Postby run » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:57 am

Solo diver, I am interested with your offer. I just want a clearer view of your offer and at the same time
To make it informative for other forumers. So I hope it is ok with you , I make a few
Q&A session on the thread instead of PM.

You said min 6divers within 50km radius = RM250 with 3 dives.
You also mentioned that you helped to do Unjams for fisherman.

Is there any Unjams suitable for experience divers within 50km?
Of course with unjams deep dives, I expect for deco dives which lead to 2 dives in a day. Price remain the same?
What are other dive sites you can offer from the mainland within that 50km? Sugar wreck one of them, others?
If I request for dive site from mainland to Tokong laut, how much will it cost me?
Depart from Jetty Besut or from other than the jetty?
You provide boats , tanks and weights? How many weights you have? Cause let say average 4pcs for 1 diver = 24 weights.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#8  Postby solo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:10 am

Hi run,

Please allow me to clarify :

1.  Distance of 50 km is total distance travelled and not 50 km radius.
2.  Tokong laut should be within the 50 km range.
3.  There are indeed beautiful corals in the open sea about 40 km from Kuala Besut.

4.  Slow Boat travel, though at about 12-13 km/h  is always safer in the open sea.  Speed boats as operated by most Dive centers operate around Perhentian Island only and can speed back if Storm appears without warning!
5.  I normally chose a weak current day for enjoyable dives (which may not fall on a weekend or public holiday).

On other days in the open sea there are specific times when the currents are weak!

I will give you full details soon.  Good weather expected around early March onwards...right now it is very unpredictable.  Please keep in touch. 
solo
Diver
Diver

Post Number:#9  Postby run » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

solo ..tq very much for the explanation.
Yeah the weather is unpredictable. I saw the pic of the tornado near perhentian on the 1st raya haji posted by one of the divers in FB.
run
Master Scuba Diver
Master Scuba Diver

Topics: 20

Post Number:#10  Postby ellynazoutdoor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 am

Hi hi everyone...  :)

just want to update the weather in Kuala Besut, mainland of Perhentian, as I'm staying in Kuala Besut myself so far weather is ok, sunny most of the time, some occasional rain but not prolonged into a few days like the monsoon season last year....

Well, some chalets are already opened in february and so are a few dive centres....

So anyone planning to dive in february shouldn't be a problem....  :D

Eliana
ellynazoutdoor
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL
SCUBA PROFESSIONAL

Post Number:#11  Postby khairul » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Hai..

Saya nak share pasal Pulau Perhentian...untuk bulan 2 ni banyak lagi dive shop xbuka kat sana..banyak resort buka Mac ni..tapi ada yg dah buka dah..kalo berminat nak gi sana boleh contact saya...saya travel agent kat sana also DM kat sana..Fauna Reef Diver...
Harga yang paling efisyen di Pualau Perhentian....
can call direct to me...

012 9297837
khairul
Diver
Diver

Return to Local Dive Trips